Visit our Re-post guidelines
Fukushima is a worldwide disaster, one that will affect the health of people for decades and likely for generations to come. A fish with massive radiation was found near the plant. What were we told? We were assured that it showed no signs of deformity, but it's health was clearly devastated.
Back to Chernobyl
Nearly 25 years after the accident at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant in Ukraine, exposure to radioactive iodine-131(I-131, a radioactive isotope) from fallout may be responsible for thyroid cancers that are still occurring among people who lived in the Chernobyl area and were children or adolescents at the time of the accident, researchers say.
not under control at all... and the situation with nuclear reactors in Japan is like vehicles being driven without a license.
Refugees Will Never Go Home
I cultivated my rice field without using chemical fertilizers or pesticide, so that I could ensure food safety and do good to the environment. Now the entire environment has been tainted, and we get that amount of money? Should we farmers remain quiet about this?
Children's Lives Devastated
A Worldwide Disaster
- Fish with radiation over 2,500 times safe levels found near Fukushima plant
- Fish caught near crippled Japanese N-plant with 2,500 times the legal limit of radioactivity for human consumption
- Higher cancer risk continues after Chernobyl
- Fukushima Reactor Global Security Issue: Japanese Former Diplomat
- The 100-year battle to make Fukushima safe: Grim prediction as brave workers expect to 'die within weeks'
- Fukushima nuclear situation 'deteriorating'
- More Lessons From the Fukushima Daiichi Accident: Containment Failures and the Loss of the Ultimate Heat Sink
- Fukushima refugees still in limbo one year on
- Hopes of Home Fade Among Japan's Displaced
- White Paper: Fukushima Health Survey Occupies Medical & Legal Conundrum
- Fukushima Thyroid Examination Part 2
- Thyroid nodules rate in Fukushima is 20 time higher than in Chernobyl
- Urinary Comparison Iodine between Levels and Thyroid Nagasaki Diseases and Chernobyl in Children
- The mothers and their children (part 2 of 6)
- "Astonishing": Thyroid abnormalities found in Fukushima kids declared 'ok' by gov't — Officials ordered doctors to stop examining patients
- What Do You Know About Cancer?
- WHO forecasts no significant increase in cancer patients in Fukushima
- Chernobyl's cancer world record
- An Unexpected Mortality Increase in the United States, Follows Arrival of the Radioactive Plume from Fukushima: Is There a Correlation?
- Fukushima radiation seen in tuna off California
- Scottish sheep farms finally free of Chernobyl fallout
- Report condemns swine flu experts' ties to big pharma
- WHO Advisor Secretly Pads Pockets with Big Pharma Money
- Fukushima: It's much worse than you think