One of the first things to look at is a tube of toothpaste clearly carries the warning: "Do not swallow," and "in case of accidental ingestion, contact the poison control center."
The amount of fluoride they're talking about is a quarter milligram of fluoride, contained in a pea size amount of toothpaste.
But here is the kicker, This is the same amount of fluoride you find in 8 oz of water. Yet toothpaste carries a "Do not swallow" warning, whereas you're typically told to drink eight 8oz glasses of water each day, without any concern for the amount of fluoride you will ingest. Commercial Toothpaste also contains toxic formaldehyde as a filler which is used as embalming fluid! I recommend using Natural Toothpaste for all your family.