- Reply to: No Sex Required: Body Cells Transfer Genetic Info Directly Into Sperm Cells, Amazing Study Finds Subject: Epigenetics, my dear Watson.Comment: Yes, genetics can be affected in real-time. The process starts in our mouth. The human body never ceases to amaze me. Anyone that comprehends GreenMedInfo will have a greater understanding of disease than most allopathic physicians of today. Don't get me wrong, doctors are often great with emergency medicine. They just fail a lot when they start pushing pills to suppress symptoms, instead of researching the underlying cause of disease for that individual, i.e; food, habits, exposure, etc.
- Reply to: The Health Benefits of Beets Subject: Frozen BeetsComment:
I have a question. I have beets in my freezer that have been there for several years. I had scaleded them and skinned them. Are they still good for health?
- Reply to: Confirmed: Flaxseed Contains 'Estrogens' That Regress Cancer Comment:
Thank you for publishing this article and confirming that phytoestrogens are not harmful. I intuitively knew this all along, even though I was informed by a scientist, who created her own line of natural medications, that to eat soy or drink soy milk was wrong. She had the temerity to tell me that Chinese people "don't drink soy milk", even though I lived in Hong Kong for 10 years and knew she was dead wrong. I believe Chinese women (not those who eat a Western diet) rarely suffered through horrific menopause, PMS or breast cancer. While living in Hong Kong, I went through menopause without a single hot flash or mood swing and put it all down to the mainly Chinese diet I was eating (which included lots of soy products).
- Reply to: Pomegranate-Polyphenol Food Blend Reduces Prostate PSA Rise Subject: Pomegranate ?Comment:
I think it was more the turmeric then the pomegranate that made the difference.
- Reply to: Honey Found To Have Potent Anti-Influenza Activity Subject: PlusComment:
Honey, along with all its high ORAC oxidative stress killing polyphenols, releases hydrogen peroxide and singlet oxygen as in all immune response...Glucose/fructose/sucrose contents stimulate metabolism and energy production...Honey is "money."
- Reply to: Why Angelina Jolie Should Leave Her Ovaries Alone Subject: Body Integrity Identity DisorderComment:
As an aside: In this American population, we tend to put celebrities on pedestals. Simply because someone is beautiful and famous doesn't mean they are healthy in all regards. The subject of this article has a history of cutting. Some of the women opting for this sort of surgery are not being screened for personality disorders (like Borderline Personality Disorder) and histories of self-mutilation. It can be thrilling to have an audience while one is in the grips of a condoned form of self-mutilation.
- Reply to: Meditate Before You Have To Medicate Comment:
Stress is fear and creates tension throughout the body which is electrical resistance and drains energy which leads to oxidative stress and disease...Nervous thinking can result fr a toxic body or a defensive dependent outlook..."as seen on TV." True power comes from a relaxed peaceful loving place of pure intent.
- Reply to: What We Didn't Know About the Brain That Changes Everything Subject: Cut to the chaseComment:
Professional psychologists and psychiatrists have a strong aversion to the fact that mind function is related to the health of the body it resides in; particularly levels of charge and inflammation..dysfunction is like a radio with weak batteries. Cells and bacteria have optimum voltage ranges, charge determines electrolyte movements and oxygen delivery. Metals/toxins dump charge and form free radicals that damage complex molecules and disrupt enzyme production...so depression and neurological function are ultimately based on lack of charge, lack of energy.
- Reply to: Honey: A Powerful Anti-Cancer Agent Subject: Footnotes?Comment:
Sayer -- Thank you for this excellent (as always) article. The article includes 43 reference footnotes, but does not display the References at the end, as you usually do. Can you include the References now? Thank you, again.
- Reply to: Yoga Reduces Urinary Incontinence by 70% Subject: PilatesComment:
I started taking Pilates to address core strength issues created by an untreated cervical spinal cord injury. I have found that the minor incontinence issues I had are disappearing. It is also resolving problems with anorgasmia - funny how those two are connected!