Sayer Ji is the founder and editor-in-chief of GreenMedInfo.com, the world's largest open access and evidence-based natural medical database. His work has been published widely on the web and in print and he has recently co-authored the book Cancer Killers with New York Times best-selling author Dr. Ben Lerner, and Dr. Charles Majors.
Food provides the very molecular fabric from which our bodies are woven, that much is true. But our relationship to food, to our sourcing, preparing, sharing and enjoyment of it, also reveals and informs the very structure of our souls.
April 27th Topic: Reconnecting With Ancestral Nutrition
Join Sayer Ji & Tania Melkonian, founders of EATomology: An Edible Philosophy of Food, for an exclusive dining and educational experience at the historic Shangri-La Springs Organic Wellness & Learning Center, the country's only certified organic resort of its kind, located in Bonita Springs, FL.
A multi-course, 100% organic meal will be seamlessly woven into a extraordinary presentation by our our instructors, touching up on topics which include:
- Food as medicine, as well as that which makes medicine unnecessary
- The ancient mythos that subtends our modern scientific views of nutrition and medicine
- How recipes contain ancient, life-sustaining information, as real and impactive as our DNA, and represent codes passed down from our ancestors to us through their labor, genius and love
- Why sourcing, sharing, preparing and fully experiencing your food is as important as the food itself
- The pitfalls of orthorexia, e.g. the belief that there is only one, "best" way to eat
- How nutrients affect our DNA (nutrigenomics), and why food is more than "a source of energy" and "building blocks" for our body, but also a vital source of information
- Why the joy of eating is as important as what you eat
- Why eating locally, organically and socially is so important
Please note space is limited and preregistration is required.
March 30th 2013, 5-7 pm