Internet Explorer has been known to cause issues during the checkout process for a number of reasons. The checkout system that our site uses is called "Ubercart", and requires a secure checkout environment when used in conjunction with Authorize.net.
Because of this, some server requirements are necessary to make for a secure checkout process. These include the ability to access your browser session instance and cookies.
Some ways to circumvent these issues, is to turn down the security settings on your browser, or to install another browser.
If you wish to install another browser, we recommend installing Firefox. A direct link to download Firefox can be found here.
If you still experience problems checking out, please contact email@example.com for additional assistance.
GreenMedInfo.com Tokens are an online form of currency that our website uses for various purposes.
Tokens can be used to immediately purchasing the following without having to go through the checkout process
Tokens are awarded for a multitude of reasons, and additional reasons may be added as the site continues to develop. Currently, tokens can be acquired by the following means
- Purchased in increments of 10 here
- Each month when a monthly subscription is renewed*
- Each year when a yearly subscription is renewed
- For approved comments (Articles, Blogs)
- For contributors with published blog posts
If you have additional questions about GreenMedInfo.com Tokens, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*Tokens are provided through a monthly membership. GMI-Basic membership gives 40 tokens each month (a $10 value) and a GMI-Pro membership gives 100 tokens a month (a $25 value) -- which essentially makes the memberships free. Enjoy!
Cumulative Knowledge is determined by ascribing a numerical value to all the articles indexed in our database.
The GreenMedInfo.com algorithm appraises a study's overall evidentiary power and quality by generating a numerical value. This "Cumulative Knowledge" score incorporates variables such as study type, with the following types listed in descending order by their power: Meta-Analysis, Human Study, Human: Case Study, Animal:Transgenic, Animal, In Vitro, Review, and Commentary. The cumulative total will provide you an idea about the depth and quality of information that this topic has accumulated on our site. For instance, if you downloaded a document on "Cancers: All", you might see "Curcumin" with a Cumulative Knowledge of 677 and Resveratrol with a Cumulative Knowledge of 175. This does not mean that Curcumin is better, but just that we have gathered more quality research on the Substance Curcumin.
If you have further questions concerning Cumulative Knowledge, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
The GMI Smart Search Tool is one of the most powerful features that GreenMedInfo.com offers. With the vast resource of pubmed.gov, and the unique method by which we have parsed and grouped the information that is presented on this website, we are able to provide an even more in-depth look into a topics when combined.
The concept ends up being rather simple. Say you or a loved one are suffering from High Cholesterol, Diabetes Mellitus: Type 2, Insulin Resistance, and Hypertension. While going to each page on its own, and gathering information may be quite informative, it will take a considerable amount of time to gather the information and make an informed decision based off of the information.
With the Smart Search Tool, you can enter in all of these Disease Topics into the form, and will be redirected to the following url http://www.greenmedinfo.com/greenmed/smart/search/2?arg0=19416&arg1=19672&arg2=20613&arg3=20495 (Note, searching for more than two topics without being logged in a Member/Professional user will limit you to two topics).
After the data has been compiled, you will find that Curcumin has been shown to be beneficial to all four of those Topics, with 22 total topics with a Cumulative Knowledge of 48. Also, Arginine has 24 articles and a Cumulative Knowledge of 166.
If this information ends up being beneficial to you, and you are interested to obtain a PDF document of these findings, as well as all of the related articles, you will be presented with the option to immediately download the document using GreenMedInfo.com Tokens. The number of tokens is the total number of topics list, subtracted by one, and then multipled by ten. ( (4 - 1) * 10) = 30 tokens.
You can perform a Smart Search on the following Topic Categories
While this information might not be useful for everyone, for some of you this will be an invaluable tool.
Thousands of years of research at your fingertips
Our database now contains the equivalent of 18,000 years worth of scientific endeavor, assuming it takes on average 3 scientists 4 months to produce each one of the published articles indexed on our site.
With 1500 substances and 2700 Ailments now indexed, the question is:
How do we take this overwhelmingly voluminous research and make it relevant to an individual with very specific health concerns or questions?
Getting Past Information Overload
We have a solution called the Smart Search. It is part of a clinical tool set we have been working on behind the scenes. We believe it will provide users with a method to obtain instant access to the most relevant user-specified research present on our database, without having to spend a lot of time searching it out and organizing it.
Six person years of development time, and thousands of years worth of research time, is now available to a user in a matter of seconds. Let us use a concrete example:
A woman undergoing chemotherapy and radiation wants to know what evidence there is to take to her oncologist for using something "natural" to improve her condition. She (or her health practitioner) simply plugs in up to 5 disease categories of concern. In this instance: "Chemotherapy-induced toxicity" and "Radiation-Induced Illness," and our system generates a list in order of relevance identifying "good" and "bad" substances and actions, along with an extensive list of hard references linking directly back to the bibliographical citations stored on the US National Library of Medicine.
Instant and compelling results
Below is a screenshot of the topmost section of the results that are generated. As you can see Curcumin matches up with both selected disease categories as the most compelling substance, with 19 other substances listed below that.
Further down below you will see the lengthy list of MEDLINE references to support the evidence list provided above.
Taking back control with hard evidence
For the woman in our example, this document will provide her a compelling "evidence bridge" supporting her interest and/or decision to use natural and integrative approaches in the treatment of her condition. She can slap it down on her physician's table and say: "would you please look at this evidence?" and start the slow, but necessary process of educating the "experts" on the available research supporting alternatives.
The common dismisal by conventional practitioners of "natural cures" based on unreliable "anecdotal sources" on the internet can be challenged using this document. Our database does not sell products, therefore has no conflict of interest. We also don't make "recommendations," but let the evidence speak for itself directly from the national treasure which is the US National Library of Medicine - the gold standard for evidence-based medicine.
Is this feature currently available?
This feature is now available. A GMI PRO membership provides 100 GMI Tokens a month (which rollover) and which is enough to purchase 5 GMI-PUB downloads containing 2 diseases each. You can buy additional tokens at the rate of $25 per 100. Become a member now to enjoy this feature to its fullest capacity!
Click here to download the PDF example on Reduced Toxicity
If you have any further questions regarding the GreenMedInfo.com Smart Search, please E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Downloadable Documents are a creation of GreenMedInfo.com in order to meet the demands of those who would like a resource, in a downloadable format (PDF document) that they can access from anywhere. Some of our topics on the website contain several hundred, if not several thousand articles.
Also, each of the topics listed on this site contain in depth Quick Summaries based on their opposite Topic Types. For these topics which contain an extraordinary amount of detail, some people may prefer to download this information in order to view it on their kindles/nook/ipad.
The information which is displayed, is the same as may be found on the Topic page, but all of the Quick Summaries are displaying. Every article is immediately accessible with their titles linked straight to their location of origin, which for most articles is pubmed.org.
For those of you who have signed up for a Member / Pro account, you may also make use of the Print to PDF link that is listed on each Topic page. The Print to PDF link will only list the contents of that particular page, and currently only 50 articles are listed on each page in order to speed up page rendering time.
Downloadable Documents may be purchased through our store, or instantly with GreenMedInfo.com Tokens. Once purchased, you will receive an e-mail with the download link, and you may also access all the links to your downloadable documents on your user page when logged in.
Often seeing an example is the best method to obtain clarity on the subject. We have made a few Downloadable Documents free so that you may gain a greater understanding of what they may offer. One such example, is our Downloadable Document on Breast Cancer. Please feel free to download this document and read it at your leisure.
If you have any additional questions regarding Downloadable Documents, please contact email@example.com
Our GreenMedMarket offers many natural products for optimal well-being. If the product you are looking for is not listed, you may search another online supplement sales site or check back with us soon as we are always increasing our inventory.
Creating an account on the site is not the same as having an active membership on the site. A paid membership offers additional features and privileges on the site that a basic account is not eligible for. One of these features is to use the servers Print to PDF options, as well as a Printer Friendly version of the page. If you are interested in purchasing a either a Premium or Professional membership, you may view the benefits and pricing options from the Membership Options page.
If you are unsure of which status you currently hold on your account, when logged into the website, a block on the right sidebar is made available to you, which displays your current membership status. If it currently displays Basic, you do not have the required membership status to make use of the site print features.
The "Favorite" links which have been added to the footer of eligible content types, allow you to flag a piece of content as a favorite. This being said, once a piece of content is flagged, it will be added to your "My Favorites" page, for ease of access.
If you are wondering what kind of content is eligible to be marked as a favorite, some examples are...
- Therapeutic Actions
- Problem Substances
- Pharmacological Actions
- Problematic Actions
When viewing content, look for the following link to mark a piece of content as a favorite
To remove a favorite link to a page you had previously marked as a favorite page, click the following link
If you have any questions or issues with the "Favorite" system, please use the contact form.
We at GreenMedInfo would like to thank you for signing up to our newsletter, but we also understand that the newsletter might not be right for you. Some reasons may be that the newsletters come too often, or you might prefer to switch from our multi-weekly newsletter to our weekly newsletter. Regardless of the situation that you find yourself in, you are able to quite easily unsubscribe.
It is Federally Mandated that all newsletters provide an unsubscribe feature at the bottom of each newsletter that is sent out. If you would like to unsubscribe, please scroll to the bottom of the e-mail, and click on the Unsubscribe button.
Doing so will automatically unsubscribe you from the newsletter.
Becoming an affiliate to Greenmedinfo.com is a great way to for you to promote your website, and potentially earn a nice monthly sum by doing so. If your website is in line with the views of GMI, and if you're interested in developing a lasting relationship with GMI and its readers, becoming an affiliate is an excellent opportunity for you. The sign up process is quite easy.
Steps to Becoming a GMI Affiliate
- Contact Cameron Fillers. Please use the subject line, "I want to become a GMI Affiliate." Provide a link to your store, and we will do the rest. If you do not have an account on our website, we will create one for you and perform the necessary steps to get your setup as an affiliate.
- Once we have activated your account as an affiliate, you will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to start linking to our site and earn affiliate credit.
Notes on the Affiliate System
- Our system uses browser cookies in order to store the affiliate link information. These cookies will exist for up to a year on a users browser. If the user clears their browser cookies, and then make an order on the website, you will not receive affiliate compensation.
- For all recurring orders (Basic and Professional Membership orders) you will receive affiliate compensation each time that the user is charged. If they sign up for a recurring basic membership for $9.95, your affiliate commission will be earned on a monthly basis.
- If a user uses a coupon code during the checkout process, you will receive an affiliate percentage based on their discounted price.
- If you use a CMS (Content Management System) like Wordpress, you may use a plugin for your ads. If your ad system scrambles the link, and you use the affiliate link with a query string (?a=1231), then the affiliate link may not work properly. During the scrambling, all query strings tend to be destroyed, and the link will work, but there is a chance that no affiliate cookie will be set on the users browser. For this reason, please TEST your link after you have added it to your site, and check that the click count is being registered on the affiliate page on your user account. If you are having issues, please try the alternative affiliate link which has a smaller chance of encountering issues.
- Please do not contact us with regards to adding our affiliate links to your website. You are more than welcome to ask us questions, and we will do our best to troubleshoot clicking issues, but if you need help adding the banner onto your own website, please contact your webmaster.
If you have any other questions regarding the affiliate process, please do so via e-mail to Cameron Fillers. This FAQ is continually being edited and added to make the sign up process of becoming an affiliate easier. If you are having an issue, others may be having them as well, so no question is a bad question.
Becoming a contributor at GreenMedInfo is a great step towards raising greater awareness and gaining greater exposure. This is mainly due to our workflow system which allows for multiple revision steps to ensure that all articles that are displayed on the website are of the highest quality, and fully optimized for the web. What does this mean? It means that we check each and every step to make sure that you get the most link back 'juice' for each article that is displayed on our site. Another feature that we have added is a rich writer's byline for each blogger that allows up to two personal dofollow links on every one of their articles that have been published. Over time, these dofollow linkbacks will help out your own scoring system on your website or personal blog.
How do I get started in becoming a GMI Writer?
The first thing that you should do is read our writer guidelines, visit our contact, select the option Apply to be a GMI Writer, and submit some information about why you would like to become a writer. This process will send all the admins on the site an e-mail, which will allow us to get in contact you with shortly, so that we can guide you through the process, and offer you any assistance regarding the workflow and submission process including answering any questions you may have.
Will my writing be edited in any way?
For the most part, no. Not unless content is factually and grammatically incorrect (which will be found during the Admin Review process,) and may be pushed back to you for further editing. The other time that your content might be altered slightly, is during the SEO Review Process. There are times when writers add links to their articles which do not fully optimize SEO 'juice' for the purposes of the GMI website. Because of this, grammar may be slightly altered for the optimization of SEO, but the content, at large, will be unaffected. Basically, we're making edits to your writing to make it easier for the rest of the world to find.
Changing your account password is easy to do if you logged into the site. Be sure to check out our faq on having trouble logging into the site, or if you have tried to reset your password and never received an e-mail.
After you have logged into the site, you will notice on the left hand side of the webpage a block beneath the Social Networking block, with your username as the title. Inside, browse to the My account link. You may also browse to your user account.
After browsing to your user page, click the Edit tab along the top of the screen. On this page you will see the password field. Put in a new password, and on the following field, repeat your password and click the Submit button at the bottom of the page, and your password will be updated.
If you having problems resetting your password, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org from the e-mail address that your account is tied to, and I will be happy to assist you in changing your password.
Our recurring subscription makes use of the Authorize.net. Authorize.net is an online banking system which is how our website is able to handle credit card transactions. It is completely secure, and is our preferred method of handling Credit Card transactions.
Authorize.net makes use of ARB (Automated Recurring Billing) functionality, which allows us to automatically charge your credit card at a regular interval. This interval was chosen when you added your subscription to the shopping card. Currently, our intervals are a one month recurring subscription, or a yearly subscription. Authorize.net stores your CC information securely (none of it is stored on our site, except for your authorize.net customer number) which allows us to connect to Authorize.net, and have them charge your card.
At no time, are you locked into paying for a recurring fee. You may cancel your recurring fee at any time, and once it comes time for you to pay your fee, your membership will just lapse, and any role granted by your membership will be removed.
If you are interested in viewing your current subscription settings, or to cancel them, you may visit your account. You will need to be logged in to view your account settings. Once you are on your account page, click on the Edit tab, and then click on the Recurring fees tab. Note: If you do not see the Recurring fees tab, then you currently have no recurring fee on the site.
Once on the Recurring fees page, you may view your active subscriptions that are tied to recurring fees. You will notice the time of your next charge. Click on the cancel fees button, will allow you to cancel your recurring fee.
If you have any questions regarding Recurring fees, you may contact me at email@example.com.
Your GreenMedInfo.com Pro (GMI PRO) membership gives you access to the the following 12 key features listed below:
1) Culminative Knowledge Lists: This time-saving feature shows you how much evidence has accumulated thus far for each topic. Instead of having to sort through hundreds of studies on a topic our algorithm calculates the quality and quantity of data on a particular subject auto-magically. Instead of the default list size of the top 2, full access grants the top 50 (or more) in each category.
2) Focus Articles Feature: With this membership-only feature you can retrieve only those articles you are interested in viewing. For instance, our Turmeric page has 1,500+ articles. If you wish to see just the 61 articles on Breast Cancer & Turmeric you have to navigate all the way down the list to find them, which is very time-consuming. The Focus Article feature reshuffles these 61 studies so that they emerge on the top automatically and instantaneously.
3) Full Featured Smart Search/GMI-PUB: This powerful feature enables you to personalize the information on our site by finding therapeutic substances for multiple diseases. Your GMI PRO membership allows you to plug in up to 10 conditions/symptoms and receive an automatically generated report that shows the research most relevant to the conditions they choose. This tool indexes all 19,000+ studies on our site and allows you to save and share the results via a custom url. Membership also provides you Tokens which can used to publish these results into a professional, hard-referenced PDF document.
4) NEW! Create a Focused PDF from focused article results, e.g. when focusing Statin Drugs to "cataracts studies," you can publish all those studies into a custom PDF with hyperlinks to the original citations on MEDLINE.
5) NEW! Create a Focused Page
from focused article results, e.g. when focusing Statin Drugs to "cataract studies," you can publish all those studies to a custom page on our site, which can be publicly viewed, and which can be hyperlinked to, or shared to support an argument, e.g. "there are 6 studies linking statin drugs to cataracts
6) NEW! Enhanced Citation Generation: copy/paste for convenience and speed up to 3 different citation styles from each study abstract, making scholarly referencing a one-step process.
7) You Receive 100 GreenMed Tokens A Month: With your professional membership you receive 100 GreenMed Tokens a month which can be used to download detailed Smart Search results as a professional PDF document. These tokens carry over and have a dollar value of $25 per 100, effectively making your membership free!
8) Print to PDF: With your membership you are empowered to convert any article you see to a PDF for easy distribution and archiving.
9) Sort Articles by Publication Date: Being up-to-date by the latest research is important. With the sort-by-publication-date feature you can organize the data - instantaneously - by the most recent to the oldest.
10) Sort Articles Quick Summary Alphabetically: Some of our pages contain research on substances relevant to over 500 diseases. Because the Quick Summary topics are sorted according to the amount of evidence to support that substance or disease, it can be time-consuming to locate exactly the articles associated with the diseases or substances you are looking for. With this feature you can quickly locate the substance or disease you are searching for by distributing them alphabetically, which then enables you to focus the articles quickly by using feature #2.
11) Subscriptions Feature: Membership provide you with the ability to get automated email updates on topics you wish to subscribe to. Whenever a new relevant article is posted you get an automated update, the timing of which you control.
12) Participate Directly by Commenting On Articles: You are now a special part of our natural health community and may comment on articles that you feel are important. Your comments have weight, as only members (and Facebook users) are given the privilege to provide their own views and feelings on articles.
During the checkout process, if you are an anonymous user, you were required to provide your e-mail address. This is for two purposes. The first is that it will become your user account. Second, your password information will be e-mailed to this e-mail address after you have completed the checkout process.
If you did not receive an e-mail from us, it could be for a variety of reasons.
- Your e-mail provider blocked our e-mail from reaching you
- The e-mail is possibly in your spam folder
Various e-mail providers (yahoo, pacbell) have very tight security. We are currently in the process of getting our domain white listed by those providers so that we no longer have this issue.
Notice: If your e-mail does not allow us to send you e-mails, resetting your password will not work, as this information will try to be sent to you via e-mail. Please use the e-mail address provided below so that we may fix this issue immediately.
Regardless of the issue, it is still important for you to obtain this information. You may do so by contacting me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will get you taken care right away.
There are a few features on the site which will have our server send you emails
- Order Confirmations
- Send to a Friend
- Contact Form
- Password Reset
- Create a new account
While making use of one of the previously mentioned processes, you have noticed that you actually never received the intended e-mail. This is possibly due to some e-mail providers (yahoo, pacbell.net, etc.) which have very strict protocols regarding e-mail, some of which we are currently in the process of trying to get on their whitelist (ability to send e-mail to their servers without requiring user interaction).
If you are currently having troubles receiving e-mail, and you e-mail address domain is not one of those listed above, please contact me directly at email@example.com so that I may attempt to assist you, and hopefully fix whatever issues that you are currently having.
While we are sad to see you go, we can totally understand that you may wish to cancel your subscription for a variety of reasons. If you currently have an active subscription on the site, and are paying a recurring monthly/yearly fee, you may cancel your subscription manually by following these steps, with more verbose instructions proceeding.
- Visit your account page
- Click the Recurring fees link
- Click the cancel link next to your active subscription
1 ) Visit your account page
You can do this by clicking on the My Account link that may be found in a block on the left hand side of the page (in your user block). You may also click the following link
Notice: This link will only work if you are currently signed into the site. If you are currently browsing the site anonymously, you will be prompted to sign in before you can access your account.
2 ) Click the Recurring fees link
After accessing your account page, you will see a wide variety of tabs at the top. Click the tab labeled "Recurring Fees". It will look as follows...
This will take you to a page which lists all your subscriptions, and their current status.
3 ) Click the cancel link next to your active subscription.
Once you click the cancel link, you will be prompted to confirm that you wish to cancel your subscription. Once you confirm, your account will be updated, and you will no longer be charged. At the end of the billing session, your membership will be removed, and your status will be reverted to an authenticated user, only.
If you are having issues with any of these steps, or would rather have us handle this process for you, you may e-mail us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.