The USDA organic label is supposed to protect the consumer against being exposed to harmful chemicals and GMOs, but the sobering fact is that USDA-certified infant formula products are not only being allowed to use a pesticide in their formulas, but are advertising it as a 'healthy' mineral to unsuspecting consumers.
Why is cupric sulfate - a known herbicide, fungicide and pesticide - being used in infant formula? And why is it displayed proudly on product labels as a presumably nutritious ingredient?
Used to kill fungus, aquatic plants and roots of plants, parasitic infections in aquarium fish and snails, as well as algae and bacteria such as Escherichia coli, cupric sulfate hardly sounds fit for human consumption, much less for infants.
Indeed, infants are all too often looked at as...