[Observation of clinical response of "sheng ban recipe" for platelets decrease after chemotherapy].
Ai Zheng. 2004 Nov;23(11 Suppl):1470-2. PMID: 15566660
BACKGROUND & OBJECTIVE: The majority of cancer chemotherapy can lead to bone marrow depression, which often affects clinical response as chemotherapy can not be carried out with enough dosage on time. The platelets decrease is one of the problems caused by bone marrow depression. Though the clinical response of hyodermic "IL-11" is affirmed to advance platelets presently, it is limited by expensive price. Other agents that can be taken orally with suitable price and equal authenticity are less reported. The author observed clinical response of platelets decrease adopting traditional Chinese medicine "Sheng Ban Recipe"(SBR). METHODS: Totally 103 patients with platelets decrease after chemotherapy from July 1994 to Jannary 2002. They were randomly divided into two groups: SBR plus common treatment group and common treatment alone group. The previous group take 1 package SBR for twice drink per day. Common treatment group give common therapy only. The follow-up period is 2 weeks. RESULTS: Among the 55 cases in SBR group, noticeable efficiency 20%, efficiency 50.9%, total efficiency 70.9%, which is evidently superior to common group. CONCLUSION: "Sheng Ban Recipe" can effectively treat thrombocytopenia after chemotherapy, which helps to reduce the necessary of intravenous drip of platelets and the risk of hemorrhage.