Sayer Ji
Founder of GreenMedInfo.com

Subscribe to our informative Newsletter & get Nature's Evidence-Based Pharmacy

Our newsletter serves 500,000 with essential news, research & healthy tips, daily.

Download Now

500+ pages of Natural Medicine Alternatives and Information.

Abstract Title:

Thermal injury to the upper aerodigestive tract after microwave heating of food.

Abstract Source:

J Accid Emerg Med. 1995 Sep;12(3):216-7. PMID: 8581254

Abstract Author(s):

G J Offer, D Nanan, J N Marshall

Article Affiliation:

Accident and Emergency Department, Leicester Royal Infirmary NHS Trust, UK.

Abstract:

Microwave-heated food may cause serious injury if it is not allowed to cool before consumption. We describe a case in which a hypopharyngeal burn occurred following consumption of a microwave-heated potato immediately after cooking.

Study Type : Commentary
Additional Links
Anti Therapeutic Actions : Microwave Cooking : CK(49) : AC(28)

Print Options


Sayer Ji
Founder of GreenMedInfo.com

Subscribe to our informative Newsletter & get Nature's Evidence-Based Pharmacy

Our newsletter serves 500,000 with essential news, research & healthy tips, daily.

Download Now

500+ pages of Natural Medicine Alternatives and Information.

This website is for information purposes only. By providing the information contained herein we are not diagnosing, treating, curing, mitigating, or preventing any type of disease or medical condition. Before beginning any type of natural, integrative or conventional treatment regimen, it is advisable to seek the advice of a licensed healthcare professional.

© Copyright 2008-2019 GreenMedInfo.com, Journal Articles copyright of original owners, MeSH copyright NLM.