Visit our Re-post guidelines
GreenMedInfo.com is excited to announce it has reached a new milestone: the indexing of over 20,000 study abstracts in support of natural medicine, all of which are free to view by anyone in the world with internet access.
Begun 5 years ago, in an attempt to disseminate the scientific data supporting natural healing modalities, and after the review of over a hundred thousand study abstracts from the National Library of Medicine, the following project goals have now been realized:
1. To generate a greater awareness of Medline as the invaluable resource and much overlooked National Treasure that it is.
2. To contribute to the democratization of the information on Medline by acting as a liaison in its dissemination to the public.
3. To simplify the task of finding data relevant to alternative & complementary medicine through the creation of a series of easy to navigate taxonomies which provide the data most relevant to those wishing to understand and use natural therapies.
[excerpted from GreenMedInfo.com's mission statement]
While the GreenMedInfo.com database is an open access project, providing entirely free access to the data it has indexed, it has developed a wide range of powerful user-customizable features which can be accessed through upgrading to a paid membership. This also generates the revenue necessary to keep the site and project healthy moving forward.
Here are some of the featured highlights and/or milestones of the project:
- The indexing of over 1500 studies on the therapeutic value of turmeric, across 600 health conditions and 160 pharmacological actions.
- The indexing of over 450 studies on over 300 adverse health effects of statin drugs
- The indexing of over 300 adverse health effects associated with wheat consumption
- The creation of a Therapeutic Actions index on scientific support for over 200 alternative modalities, e.g. yoga, massage, aromatherapy, etc.
- The creation of a Vaccination Research database, indexing over 200 adverse health effects associated with the vaccination schedule.
- The creation of an Ailments Index with over 2600 diseases and/or disease/symptoms indexed thus far.
- The creation of a Substances Index with over 1600 therapeutic natural compounds listed.
- The creation of a Smart Search function, which enables users to enter up to 10 health conditions simultaneously, to extract out individualized data relevant to that user's needs.
GreenMedInfo.com offers a wide range of opportunities for folks to participate and lend support.
- Become A Member
- Join our Facebook Community
- Become A Writer
- Become A Researcher
- Become An Affiliate
- Enroll In A Webinar
- Join Our Email Newsletter, either Frequent or Weekly
- Donate To The Project
- Become A Project Sponsor
- Request An Interview with the Founder
- SHARE this release via the social media buttons on top of the page